Training and WorkshopsClasses, Courses, Workshops and More
Training and Workshops
Elpizo provides a wide variety of educational courses and workshops. Click on our upcoming events page to book a class.
Anger Management Classes
Looking for an effective practical hands-on Anger Management class? Have you been mandated to take anger management classes? Is your anger affecting your relationships? Do you want to grow and become a healthier person? Then look no further, Elpizo Counselling provides you with tools to manage your anger in a constructive manner. We will teach you to:
- Understand the root of your anger
- Identify triggers
- Utilize effective strategies
- Learn about virtues like forgiveness, empathy etc.
At the end of the class you will receive a detailed letter and a certificate of completion which can be used in court.
Check our events page for class dates, times and fees.
Power of Positive Parenting (PPP)
Parenting is demanding yet rewarding. Many people prepare and study for years to enter a chosen profession, but for parenting it is usually on-the-job training. At Elpizo, we believe that parents are doing the best that they can with the knowledge and tools that they have, but sometimes parents get frustrated, stressed out with the complexities of daily life, feel out of control with their children, and feel that they are alone in this profession. Do not lose hope! Help is at hand with a supportive network of likeminded parents and a parenting class. If this has been your experience and you would benefit from parenting classes then click here to register for a class.
Some examples of what you will get from our parenting classes:
- A look at how you were parented
- An understanding of the different parenting styles
- An understanding your own parenting style
- Positive communication
- Disciplining in love
- Setting healthy boundaries
- Understanding and learning the language of a positive parent
- Understanding the dynamics of co-parenting
- Creating a co-parenting plan
- Understanding the cyber world in which our kids live and how to manage it
Introduction to Counselling
This course provides an extensive overview of what is required by Counsellors. It will enable the learner to acquire some of the basic skills, and an understanding of counselling techniques and responsibilities as well as providing a brief look at some of the major issues that are likely to be met in the counselling environment.
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in counselling and with a heart for helping people. Those who are involved in caring and counselling will find it particularly useful, as well as Social Workers, Social Service Workers, Community Workers, Nurses, and Youth & Community Workers. Anyone in the ‘people business’ may find this course beneficial.
Resourcing Pastoral Carers Course (RPCC)
The aim of this course is to enable members to develop an understanding of pastoral care from a Christian perspective and to become more effective in relating to and caring for the people and communities around them.
This course is for those who:
- see themselves helping others informally in their daily relationships and who desire to learn more about pastoral care generally without being part of a pastoral care team
- may be members of a pastoral care team and who desire to learn more about pastoral care in order to help others both informally and formally
- are in church leadership or who have specific church roles and who desire to develop their awareness of pastoral care in order to support those for whom they have responsibility
- wish to help others in specific community and workplace settings and desire to learn more about pastoral care in outreach and mission
- desire to explore a call to pastoral care
Life Skills Series
This is a series of workshops specifically dedicated to helping young people to develop and sharpen their life skills.
Topics include but not limited to:
- Conflict resolution
- Expressing Emotions Safely
- Financial Management
- Goal Setting
Contact Elpizo for custom tailed workshops for your organization or faith-based community
Other examples of workshops provided by Elpizo:
- Positive Parenting
- Healthy & Unhealthy Relationships
- Raising Sexually Healthy Children
- Understanding Mental Illness
- Understanding Domestic Violence
- Understanding Sexual Abuse
- Understanding Spiritual Abuse
Check our events page for class dates, times and fee.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)
- Association of American Christian Counsellors (AACC)
2430 Lucknow Drive, Unit 4
Mississauga, ON, L5S 1V3
Elpizo offers counselling and therapy services at our conveniently located offices in Toronto, Mississauga and Milton.
Hours of Operation