children & teens
Counselling and Therapy Services for Children and TeensWe offer professional counselling and therapy for children and teens with a wide range of needs.
Children & Teens
“It takes a village to raise a child.”
At Elpizo, our child therapists have expertise and experience in dealing with issues affecting children. They use various tools and interventions that are suited in child therapy that gain the confidence of the children they work with. In addition they are trained in creative therapy that best engages the child in a therapeutic setting.
There are many reasons why some parents need support for their child(ren). Here are some of the possibilities (but not limited to) that you may want to consider counselling and some common issues brought:
- your child has suffered some form of abuse (sexual, physical, emotional, verbal)
- your child seems sad for quite some time
- your child is getting into trouble at school
- your child is being bullied
- your child has become increasingly anxious
- your child is not sleeping well
- your child talks about having problems with friends
- your child has changed his or her appearance drastically
- your child is becoming more argumentative
- your child has experienced something traumatic
- a family change has happened (i.e. separation, divorce, blended family)
- your family has moved
- your child seems to have low self-esteem
- your child is distracted and has difficulty focusing
- your child has difficulty advocating for him/herself
and much more – there is no WRONG reason to come for counselling!
Some common Issues brought to counselling:
- ADD/ADHD, Depression, Anxiety
- Anger and aggressive behaviors
- Behavioral Issues at home or school
- Emotional regulation
- Social anxiety
- Separation & Divorce Recovery
- Adjusting to a new addition in the family
PRICING FOR SERVICES
Our fees are generally charged on an hourly basis, and are not covered by OHIP. RRT sessions for clearing trauma can typically last from to 2 to 3 hours depending on the circumstances and fees are charged differently from regular sessions.
Clients with extended health benefits may be eligible for partial or full reimbursement of service fees, depending on their insurance provider. We accept insurance reimbursement as Psychotherapists, Social Workers or Counsellors. Check with your extended health benefit if you are covered.
We accept cash, Interac transfer and credit card through PayPal.
Contact us to discuss your need and pricing.
- College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals (OAMHP)
192 Main St E, Milton, On, L9T 1N8, Lower level
2430 Lucknow Drive, Unit 4
Mississauga, ON, L5S 1V3
Hours of Operation